[Movie Review] Make Your Move

I suppose to write TWO movie reviews last week.
But I'm just too busy with my assignments and test...bla bla bla...
Fine...maybe I'm just finding the excuses for my procrastination.
I'm always a procrastination lover.

Anyway, as you all can see from the title,
this post is about "Make Your Move".


Move to Your Beat
Move to Your Moment
Move to Your Love


Make Your Move, which formerly called Cobu, is a Romeo and Juliet-inspired independent dance film. Just like Step Up, dance fans will never missed it, right?

BoA as Aya, who is the leader of her female dance crew, Cobu. However, she need a job badly as her passport is going to expired in like two weeks. Otherwise, she will not have any choice but going back to Japan. In the other hand, Derek Hough as Donny is a trouble boy who is suppose to stay in New Orleans, but he ran away to New York to be with his brother for chasing his dream, dancing. Both of them fall in love for the first time they met. Typical love story.

Life is never going smooth. Their brother who were the partners of the underground club are now become the opponents. Aya's brother is partnering with a guy who knows nothing about the club and dance, but only money. He likes Aya and try to get her by giving her the job in his club so that Aya could continue stay in New York. However, love story always ends happily. You got to watch by yourself to know how Donny and Aya overcome the obstacles between them.

To me, this movie is just so so. A little bit disappointing me perhaps. Maybe it's because the director of this movie is Duane Adler who is also the director of Save The Last Dance and Step Up, so I'm kind of expecting more. Anyway, BoA and Derek Hough still make a lovely couple in this movie and I love their dance.


Irene

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Giveaway] Juice Works

Online Shopping Experience --- Mr. Lens

[Beauty Review] Lovely Manicure by BeeQNails