[Movie Review] Project Hashima

Hello to my blog! I'm back!

My blog has been lost my track for a while.
I'm gonna spam my blog soon. Forgive me. XP

Let's talk about this blog post first - Project Hashima


Project Hashima is about a group of bold young people who want to challenge superstitious beliefs.


The story started with 5 college graduates who are looking for job. They have become popular for their ghost video clip after they have posted on Youtube. They have been asked to do scout out the creepy ghost islan, Hashima Island in Nagasaki of Japan which is one of the scariest ghost islands in the world for new material, Project Hashima in order to get them employed.

When on that island, Off (Alex Rendell), May (Sucha Manaying) and Dog (Mek Mekwattana) write their names on a wall which full of dead people names. That is when scary things comes to them one by one.


I don't usually watch those horror movies in the cinema, not even when it's free for me.
However, I went for this movie cause it attracts me as Hashima Island is really existing.
I wonder is the story real? XD

Unfortunately, this movie does not meet my expectation.
Maybe the story is a little bit different.
It does have few shocking moment, but it is not scary enough for those who love to watch horror movie (this is what I heard from other people in the same cinema with me ~ when they walking out).


Hashima Island

The island was populated from 1887 to 1974 as a coal mininng facility. Battleship Island is an English translation of the Japanese nickname for Hashima Island, Gunkanjima (gunkan meaning battleship, jima being the rendaku form of shima, meaning island). (Quoted from Wikipedia) 

When Mitsubishi officially announced the closing of the mine in 1974, it turns into empty and bare. This is why it is known as the Ghost Island.

However, the island is now open for the public visits.
I wish to go and see how it is.
But who has the guts to walk around there? >.<


Irene

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Giveaway] Juice Works

Online Shopping Experience --- Mr. Lens

[Beauty Review] Lovely Manicure by BeeQNails